Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall implementation & maintenance of the quality systems of the Kollam facility and the application of due diligence procedures and best practices.
- To provide assurance that the goods supplied meet statutory, customers company policy requirements for Food safety and quality.
- To support and improve on an on-going basis the food safety quality systems and process plans.
- To provide technical expertise and advice in areas of Food Safety and Quality along with legal requirements.
- To provide leadership and support for quality improvement projects.
- To provide leadership and development opportunities through training so as to build an effective quality team.
- Ensure all new projects and initiatives on-site are implemented in accordance with Food Safety and Quality and customer requirements and the development & tracking of site quality improvement plans.
- To liaise with and continually develop relationships with management, production staff, suppliers and customers on a regular basis.
- Suppliers oversight and raw material inspections and approvals.
- Obtains excellent quality results, as measured by customer complaint frequency, product evaluation scores, internal and external facility and operational audit scores, quality systems compliance, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing and future methods, procedures, and systems.
- Responsible for delivering long term quality improvement, strategic development and continual improvement of relationships with business partners such as suppliers & contract manufactures, complex problem solving & process improvisation.
- Achieve set targets of quality objectives of both the plants that includes zero food safety complaints, non-conformities of internal audit should not exceed to 5 nos, consumption of water should not exceed 1lit/kg of finished goods.
- Prepare & implement enhanced requirements of walmart based on Food safety, Environment health & safety, Fire safety & social standards. Should be well versed in audit procedures & documentation, also will play a lead role in audit programs like BRC, Security Supply Chain Audits, Sedex , Walmart Ethical & Social Standards etc.
- Action plans should be drawn to induce/improve quality concepts in all departments.
- Escalate significant product quality issues to the reporting quality management authority on priority & submit all necessary quality base reports before the management for necessary reviews.
- Responsible for assuring QC/QA staff effectively investigate customer/consumer complaints using root cause analysis, corrective actions, and preventive measures and respond to complaints in the required time frame and analyzing company trends.
- Responsible for the selection, motivation, and development of Quality Assurance/ QC personnel to ensure all positions are effectively staffed and future management is developed. Ensures food safety and quality training is effective for all employees
Desired Candidate Profile
Should be a Keralite & from FMCG only... FMCG means only the food processing industry. Must know BRC standards latest version 8, interacting with customers - so communication skill must be there as we are having high profile customers.Must know HACCP, FDA & USFDA standards, FSMA Act, FSSAI rules & regulations., GFSI Standards... etc. Must be strong in driving people under him..Must know Quality systems & procedures well.
Perks and Benefits
Role:Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
Salary: 80,000 - 1,00,000 P.A.
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Sc in Food Technology
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) in Food Technology
Doctorate:Ph.D in Food Technology,M.Phil. in Food Technology
Western India Cashew Company Pvt Ltd.
We are a proud inheritor of the legacy of Dhanalaxmi Vilas Cashew Company, founded in 1932 by "Wender" Krishna Pillai, a celebrated pioneer of the Indian cashew industry.
We are a third generation business, backed by strong family traditions of honesty, integrity, values and relevance to society.
Nuts are recognized as a healthy super-food and we are excited to delight the world with tasty and healthy nut-based food-products.
WICC has developed the packaging system, which is now the industry standard and won the National Award for packaging design and development from the Indian Institute of Packaging in 2001.The factory in Kerala has the most modern machineries in the industry and its packing center is ISO9002 certified one of the first in the industry. The company is also awarded by international certifications like BRC (British Retail Consortium), HALAL, KOSHER etc.
WICC is having its manufacturing units in KERALA & TAMILNADU with a diverse workforce of around 450.
Our Mission - Deliver high quality edible nuts to the world ethically, and at good
Our Vision – To be the preferred supplier of nuts to the world.
Our Raison d'tre (Philosophy of existence and Purpose)
To contribute to building a world where tasty delights complement a healthy lifestyle, by creating and providing convenient, tasty, healthy and affordable nut-based foods.
Our Operations Philosophy -
Safety, Quality, Innovation, Productivity, Speed and Excitement
* SAFETY of employees, customers, products, factory, neighbors and environment.
* QUALITY in every step of every process, ensured by proper training, communication and feedback.
* INNOVATION to create new "wow" experiences for our customers and consumers.
* PRODUCTIVITY by continuously reducing wastage of materials, machinery, and effort, and by updating technology and improving processes.
* SPEED through planned performance and every process being supplied its inputs of the requisite quality on time and supplying its succeeding process on time.
* EXCITEMENT by striving to learn every day; by understanding our work, doing it well and challenging expectations; by helping each other to improve and achieve more every day.
Our Customer Philosophy -
To contribute to our customers' happiness, success and profitability by understanding, respecting and exceeding their delivery and quality expectations including provision of tasty, healthy, safe and affordable foods to their consumers.
Our Employee philosophy -
To foster a relationship of fairness and mutual respect, where employees develop personally while contributing to the Company's objectives including delivery, profitability and growth.
Our employees should obtain happiness and fulfilment through producing convenient, tasty, healthy, safe and affordable foods.
Contact Company:Western India Cashew Company Pvt Ltd.
Address:XIV/31, 32,,Western India Cashew Company Private L, imited,P.B. No. 75, Beach Road,Kollam, , Kollam, Kerala, India