Position Title : Project Engineer
Division / Dept : Operations
- JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible & accountable for all engineering & other capacity expansion projects that includes mechanical, civil & electrical works for all the facilities of Western India Cashews Co.
- WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Reportees to the incumbent:
Direct Reportees: Nil
Indirect Reportees: Nil
3. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILIITES:
- Organizing, controlling & executing project activities which includes installation & commissioning of new machineries, future capacity expansion projects if any & meet the project time lines as agreed upon.
2. Should Complete technical studies before commencement of any project and prepare cost
estimation & submit for necessary approvals.
3. Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes and
4. Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and
trends, recommending actions & circulate the same to the management on weekly basis.
5. Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, co-ordinating activities and
6. Develop the specifications for all equipment that is required for each project.
7. Co-ordinate with internal resources and third parties/vendors, OEMs for the flawless
execution of projects.
8. Work the projects through the plant teams and to plan and manage team goals, project
schedules and new information.
9. Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
10. Supervise current projects and coordinate all plant team members to keep workflow on track.
11. Participate in project design meetings and propose improvements if necessary.
12. Adhere to budget by monitoring expenses and implementing cost-saving measures.
13. Establish the methods by which all field tests are administered and develop various ways to
monitor the quality of those tests.
14. Carry out the FAT & SAT for new machines.
15. Perform risk management to minimize project risks. Report & escalate to management as
16. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors for smooth operations.
17. Create & maintain comprehensive project documentation.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
Help the plant team to build on the preventive maintenance and spare management
Should know to work on AUTOCAD & also to read drawings & execute.
Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
Team-management and leadership skills
Documentation management and ability to use project management tools
Attention to details even under pressure
Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
Salary: INR 5,00,000 - 8,00,000 PA.
Industry:FMCG / Foods / Beverage
Functional Area:Production, Manufacturing, Maintenance
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Mechanical
Western India Cashew Company Pvt Ltd.
We are a proud inheritor of the legacy of Dhanalaxmi Vilas Cashew Company, founded in 1932 by "Wender" Krishna Pillai, a celebrated pioneer of the Indian cashew industry.
We are a third generation business, backed by strong family traditions of honesty, integrity, values and relevance to society.
Nuts are recognized as a healthy super-food and we are excited to delight the world with tasty and healthy nut-based food-products.
WICC has developed the packaging system, which is now the industry standard and won the National Award for packaging design and development from the Indian Institute of Packaging in 2001.The factory in Kerala has the most modern machineries in the industry and its packing center is ISO9002 certified – one of the first in the industry. The company is also awarded by international certifications like BRC (British Retail Consortium), HALAL, KOSHER etc.
WICC is having its manufacturing units in KERALA & TAMILNADU with a diverse workforce of around 450.
Our Mission - Deliver high quality edible nuts to the world ethically, and at good
Our Vision – To be the preferred supplier of nuts to the world.
Our Raison d'tre (Philosophy of existence and Purpose)
To contribute to building a world where tasty delights complement a healthy lifestyle, by creating and providing convenient, tasty, healthy and affordable nut-based foods.
Our Operations Philosophy -
Safety, Quality, Innovation, Productivity, Speed and Excitement
* SAFETY of employees, customers, products, factory, neighbors and environment.
* QUALITY in every step of every process, ensured by proper training, communication and feedback.
* INNOVATION to create new "wow" experiences for our customers and consumers.
* PRODUCTIVITY by continuously reducing wastage of materials, machinery, and effort, and by updating technology and improving processes.
* SPEED through planned performance and every process being supplied its inputs of the requisite quality on time and supplying its succeeding process on time.
* EXCITEMENT by striving to learn every day; by understanding our work, doing it well and challenging expectations; by helping each other to improve and achieve more every day.
Our Customer Philosophy -
To contribute to our customers' happiness, success and profitability by understanding, respecting and exceeding their delivery and quality expectations including provision of tasty, healthy, safe and affordable foods to their consumers.
Our Employee philosophy -
To foster a relationship of fairness and mutual respect, where employees develop personally while contributing to the Company's objectives including delivery, profitability and growth.
Our employees should obtain happiness and fulfilment through producing convenient, tasty, healthy, safe and affordable foods.
Brief Profile / Credentials of Mr. Harikrishnan. R. Nair-
Hari Krishnan Nair is President of Western India Cashew Company (WIC), a leading processor of edible nuts. In 2017, WIC won National Awards for being the biggest exporter of cashews in consumer packs from India and for introduction of innovative cashew products – Pure Heart Nut-spreads and Snack Nuts. WIC has also won the Mondelez Asia Pacific Supplier Excellence Award in 2014 and a National Award for Packaging development in 2000.
Hari headed the Cashew Export Promotion Council of India as Chairman from 2011-13 after serving as Vice Chairman from 2007-11. At CEPCI, he finalized the UN-ECE Standard for Cashew Kernels (2009-13) as Rapporteur.
He is a past Chairman of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Kerala and is currently co-chair of CII (Southern Region) Food and Agriculture Panel. He is an active Charter Member of TiE Kerala.
Hari holds an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta and a B. Com from the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Bangalore. He is a Rotarian and a past Round Tabler.